Dietary & Nutritional Management
Associate in Applied Science
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
The Dietary and Nutritional Management Degree prepares students for a promising career as dietary professionals. Students develop skills necessary to educate, advise, and counsel individuals about diet, food, and nutrition with the goal of helping people make healthy food choices void of food myths.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate impeccable employability skills.
- Identify the seven classes of nutrients and the role they play in growth and maintenance of the human body.
- Demonstrate the ability to cook a variety of foods properly.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the effects of heat on food.
- Demonstrate an understanding of good personal and workplace hygiene practices.