Kaskaskia College’s Serving with an Equity Lens (SEALS) program provides African Americans and other racially minoritized persons with the resources they need to compete in today’s working world, all completely FREE. SEALS will have you trained and job-ready in less than a year, in one of several certificate programs available to participants. Even better, SEALS will pay you $500 for successful completion of a class of instruction in essential employability skills.”
Program benefits include:
- FREE tuition, books, and course fees.
- FREE childcare and transportation for those who need it.
- FREE advising and job placement support.
- FREE academic and training assistance.
- FREE training in critical “soft” skills valued by employers, plus $500 for every student who successfully completes the training.
Any African American or other racial minority person who wants to earn or finish a workforce credential or degree is invited to apply, including but not limited to:
- High school seniors planning to attend Kaskaskia College
- Current or withdrawn Kaskaskia College students
- Out-of-school youth and adults
- Military veterans
- Adult education students and alumni
- Displaced workers
Finish What You Started
If you’re a former Kaskaskia College student who wasn’t able to complete your degree or certificate, you are eligible for the Workforce Equity Initiative to “finish what you started.” We will work with you to resolve any financial or other barriers to your education, including outstanding balances on your student account, assess your progress toward a degree or certificate in one of the available career and technical education programs, and get you back on track to a rewarding career.
Participants may choose from a number of short-term career education programs, including these that can be completed in a semester or less:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Truck Driver Training
Selected other programs also available.
Funded in whole or part by the Illinois Community College Board.
Get In Touch
If you still have questions contact our department and we’ll be happy to help.