Workforce Equity Initiative
Kaskaskia College’s Workforce Equity Initiative: (WEI) program provides African Americans and other racially minoritized persons with the resources they need to compete in today’s working world, all completely FREE. WEI will have you trained and job-ready in less than a year, in one of several certificate programs available to participants.
Program benefits include:
- FREE tuition, books, and course fees.
- FREE childcare and transportation for those who need it.
- FREE advising and job placement support.
- FREE academic and training assistance.
- FREE training in critical essential employability skills valued by employers, plus $500 for every student who successfully completes the training.
- Stipends for program progression, completion, and employment.
- Participants must live in the Kaskaskia College district.
- Participants must be willing and able to work upon completion of their program.
- Meet requirements of selected program.
Finish What You Started
If you’re a former Kaskaskia College student who wasn’t able to complete your degree or certificate, you are eligible for the Workforce Equity Initiative to “finish what you started.” We will work with you to resolve any financial or other barriers to your education, including outstanding balances on your student account, assess your progress toward a degree or certificate in one of the available career and technical education programs, and get you back on track to a rewarding career.
Participants may choose from a number of short-term career education programs and certifications, including these that can be completed in a semester or less:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)*
- Truck Driver Training
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)*
- Fork lift certification
- OSHA certification
- Industrial Technology
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)**
**Placement requirements and special admittance program
Funded in whole or part by the Illinois Community College Board.