Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
Our general culinary arts degree prepares students for a promising career as professional culinarians by supplying them with the knowledge and skills necessary to not only be successful in the kitchen, but also in the board room. This degree couples a broad range culinary education with business and management courses to ensure that graduates have what it takes to be a BOSS!!!
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate good personal and workplace hygiene practices.
- Identify duties of management in foodservice operations.
- Demonstrate volume production of classical French knife cuts (i.e., julienne, chiffonade, batonnet, etc.).
- Describe the role each of the seven classes of nutrients play in the human body.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the proper placement of common kitchen equipment used in institutional kitchens.
What You Can Do
Upon successfully completion of this degree, students will have skills to work in the following fields:
- AAS Culinary Arts
- AAS Dietary and Nutritional Management
- AAS Restaurant and Culinary Operations
- Prep Cooks Certificate
- Basic Cooking Certificate
- Advanced Cooking Certificate
- Culinary Management Certificate