Associate of Arts
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
The Theatre Department offers courses that can help students in other courses and in life. Courses range from looking at everything that goes into a theatrical production to actually staging a production. Taking classes in acting and theatre production helps build confidence, cultivate creativity, and improve oral communication skills.
Discipline Student Learning Outcomes
- Students that take theatre courses will be able to understand the collaborative nature of the theatrical experience.
- Students that take theatre courses will be able to write a well organized, well developed critique of a theatrical production considering all aspects of the production - scripts, acting, directing, designs, etc.
- Students that take theatre courses will develop an appreciation for theatre and understand the importance of the audience in theatre.
- Students that take theatre courses will understand and appreciate that the theatre deals with specific and general issues that, in most instances, transcend specific times and places and reach a common ground with all people.
- Theatre audiences at our stage productions will find theatre a dependable source of pleasure, laughter, tears, and companionship in an uncertain world. Audiences can relate to a play's human significance, social significance, artistic qualities, and entertainment value.
Gen Ed Student Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of Diversity