Kaskaskia College is committed to life-long student learning and to providing quality comprehensive education.
Kaskaskia College aspires to be recognized as a community‐integrated leader dedicated to providing the highest levels of academic programming and workforce development, and known as an institution with students, faculty, and staff who value and treat all individuals equitably, and foster a sense of belonging for all partners.
What makes Kaskaskia College outstanding?
KC believes in the Core Values of "Learning, Respect, Excellence, Access, Diversity, Integrity, Community." We incorporate these values and corresponding beliefs into every component of the College, including Instruction, Administration, Student Services, Finance, Academic Support, and Institutional Support. These values set the environment in which we operate, including teaching these values to students and the expectations KC has for ethical decision-making by students, faculty, staff, and administrators. Subscribing to a set of values is essential for the success of individuals and organizations. The following values are central to setting the standards of behavior expected of individuals within the institution. Kaskaskia College holds individuals within or closely associated with the organization to these behavior ideals and will not tolerate anything less.
- Learning - Providing quality, student‐focused instructional programming in a supportive environment as part of the lifelong learning process.
- Respect - Having genuine regard for others and showing consideration for the diversity of others to foster an environment of teamwork and excellence.
- Excellence - Maintaining high standards in all endeavors with a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Access - Providing programs and services that are affordable, convenient, flexible in delivery modes and locations, and available to all.
- Diversity - Practicing actions that are welcoming, inclusive, equitable, safe, and respectful.
- Integrity - Being honest and truthful; maintaining fair and consistent communication; and being transparent and accountable to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Community - Engaging, partnering, and collaborating with the community to serve the public good.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Kaskaskia College is committed to achieving a welcoming community of equitable opportunity for all. The college seeks to be a community that asserts the dignity and worth of every human being and values diversity as a source of its strength, including diverse perspectives of students, faculty, staff, and administrators. The college stands committed to promoting awareness and sensitivity to issues of diversity and ensuring an empowered, safe community free from all forms of discrimination and harassment in its policies, practices, and endeavors.