Associate in Applied Science
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
Paraprofessionals, also called teacher aides, provide support to classroom teachers. Students in KC's paraprofessional program will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Reading, writing, mathematical computation and mathematical reasoning;
- Critical and creative thinking, decision making, problem solving, and reasoning;
- Communication (listening, speaking, and writing);
- Child/human growth and development, behavior management, instructional strategies and laws, policies and procedures;
- Respecting cultural diversity and the views of others;
- Working as a team member.
Get More Information
Interested in getting additional information? Fill out the form below, and one of our admissions representatives will contact your shortly.
What You Can Do
Upon successful completion of this degree you will be prepared for employment in the following fields:
- Elementary paraprofessional educator
- Secondary paraprofessional educator
- Preschool paraprofessional educator
- Family literacy provider
- Teacher's aide
Assistant Professor Teacher Education