As technology continues to be integrated into the business environment, the role of today’s administrative assistants has changed dramatically. Current employers seek qualified, competent workers who can manage information, communicate effectively, and possess organizational and computer skills. Kaskaskia College's Office Technologies programs train students to enter various professional areas, including general office, medical, and legal offices.
Administrative assistants and secretaries typically do the following:
- Answer telephones and take messages or transfer calls
- Schedule appointments and update event calendars
- Arrange staff meetings
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Prepare memos, invoices, or other reports
- Edit documents
- Maintain databases and filing systems, whether electronic or paper
- Perform basic bookkeeping
The program offers degrees preparing students to work in various medical, legal, and general offices. The program also offers numerous short certificates to prepare students to enter the workforce in several specialties.
Get More Information
Interested in getting additional information? Fill out the form below, and one of our admissions representatives will contact your shortly.
Professor Office System Technology
Phone | 618-545-3316
Location | Main Campus
Office | Health and Business, HB 209