Students on roof looking down.

Transfer from KC

By choosing KC, you can be confident that you will do well at a 4-year institution.

Starting your bachelor’s degree at a community college is a good idea -- especially if you start at KC.  Not only will you save money, but our high-quality core classes will prepare you for success.

Why Transfer From KC?

With our smaller campus, you will receive more attention from academic advisors and faculty members than you would while completing requirements at a larger university.

What Transfer Students Study

Our transfer students often go on to earn 4-year degrees in a variety of disciplines.  Our Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degrees are adaptable to get the foundation you need for your major area of study.

Undecided about your major?  That's ok!  Many of our students come to KC to take the core general education requirements required by 4-year colleges and Universities.  We have specific agreements with several colleges called 2+2 agreements.  These agreements outline the exact classes you should take your first 2 years with KC + your next 2 years with your transfer institution for specific programs.

The following 4-year schools have agreements with KC:

Don't see the college you hope to transfer to?  Don't worry! We participate in the Illinois Articulation Initiative, which guarantees transfer.

The Illinois Articulation Initiative is a statewide transfer agreement between more than 100 participating colleges and universities in Illinois. IAI is especially helpful for students who know that they want to transfer to a 4 year college, but are undecided as to where. The IAI General Education Package is part of the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science curriculum at Kaskaskia College. When you obtain an Associate in Arts from KC and decide to transfer, the general education requirements that would normally be taken your first couple years at a participating IAI transfer college are waived, allowing you to start your major curriculum.

Additional resources for preparing to transfer:

Any Questions?

We know the latest transfer information and can connect you to the right resources for any question you may have.

Academic Advising

Phone  |  618-545-3060

  • Main Campus
  • Health and Business, HB 100
Random Photo of a Pretty Building

We can help you take the first step