Transfer to KC

Transferring your Coursework to Kaskaskia College

Transfer Policy

Students enrolled at Kaskaskia College are eligible to have credits from other colleges/universities, as well as military credits, evaluated for acceptance by Kaskaskia College and posted on the Kaskaskia College transcript. It is the students’ responsibility to submit official transcripts to be evaluated. The Kaskaskia College Registrar evaluates credit according to the following conditions:

  • The student must be admitted to college.
  • The student must request from each college/university attended (and the military) an official transcript and those transcripts must be received by the Records Office.
  • Only coursework from Institutionally Accredited (Regionally) colleges/universities is evaluated.
    • Higher Learning Commission
    • Middle States Commission on High Education
    • Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools
    • New England Commission of Higher Education
    • New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Public Postsecondary Vocational Education, Practical Nursing)
    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
    • Oklahoma Board of Career and Technology Education
    • Pennsylvania State Board of Vocational Education, Bureau of Career and Technical Education
    • Puerto Rico State Agency for the Approval of Public Postsecondary Vocational, Technical Institutions and Programs
    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
    • WASC Senior College and University Commission
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
  • Coursework with ACE credit recommendation (workforce training, military training or occupations, learning outside the classroom, national exams or certifications) are evaluated for acceptance if properly submitted by the student. Official documentation is required.
  • Freshman and sophomore level courses will be accepted, pending evaluation, to satisfy degree or certificate requirements.
    • Students can request that any upper-division courses that are the equivalent of freshman- and sophomore-level courses be evaluated to satisfy degree or certificate requirements. Contact the Records Office for more information.
  • Developmental coursework is not evaluated for credit.
  • Courses that are “waived” (prior learning experience, proficiency) at other colleges/universities, are not accepted for credit.
  • Credit by examination, in the form of CLEP (College Level Examination Program), AP (Advanced Placement), StraighterLine, are evaluated for acceptance if properly submitted by the student. Official documentation is required from each organization.
  • Only coursework with a minimum grade of C will be accepted for credit.
  • Transfer credit is not included in the cumulative grade point average.

International students who wish to use transfer credit from an international institution of higher education must submit an official transcript with translated English version that has been evaluated by a private evaluation agency at the student’s expense.  Suggested agencies for transcript evaluation are Educational Credential Evaluators Inc. and World Education Services.

What to Expect

Upon receipt of transcripts, credit will be evaluated for all courses completed and applied to the student’s Kaskaskia College transcript. Students will be emailed a Transfer Equivalency Report for each transcript that is submitted. This report will inform the student’s what has been accepted.

Reverse Transfer

If you earned some credit from KC and went on to a four year college you may be able to participate in a reverse transfer opportunity to transfer your four year credit back to KC to complete your Associate’s degree!

Non-Traditional Credit Opportunities

Students may have acquired competencies equivalent to those in KC program courses, as a result of past life experiences and/or formal education that has not been evaluated for credit. Such competencies may be documented in a Prior Learning Portfolio, in military records, in documents received for professional training (including certification or licensure), or may be validated by means of proficiency examination or other standardized testing. For information on specific types of credit, refer below:

Get In Touch

Jenna Eldred

Phone  |  618-545-3044

  • Main Campus
  • Health and Business, HB 111
Random Photo of a Pretty Building

We can help you take the first step