Associate in Applied Science
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
Respiratory Therapists are members of the health care team that evaluate, treat, educate, and provide care for patients with heart and lung disorders. They are a vital part of the lifesaving response team that handle patient emergencies. Respiratory Therapists treat all types of patients, ranging from the premature infant to the elderly. In this rewarding career, you will become an important part in the patients “Breath of Life.”
KC's Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy provides five semesters of instruction in respiratory theory, lab & clinical practice. It also provides instruction in biological & behavioral sciences and humanities.
- American Association for Respiratory Care
- The National Board for Respiratory Care
- Illinois Society For Respiratory Care
To apply to the College, please click the Apply button below. To apply to this program, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose worksheet under Additional Information.
What You Can Do
Upon successful completion of this degree students will be prepared for employment as a Respiratory Therapist in a Hospital setting caring for newborn to geriatric patients, Skilled Care Facility, Nursing Home, Clinics, Home Care, and Doctor’s Office.
Program Goals and Outcomes
To prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT’s).
- Outcome #1-A: Demonstrate the ability to interpret, apply, and evaluate clinical information relevant to their role as a Respiratory Therapist. (Cognitive Domain)
- Outcome #1-B: Demonstrate the technical proficiency necessary with all skills to fulfill the role of a Respiratory Therapist. (Psychomotor Domain)
- Outcome #1-C: Demonstrate personal behaviors consistent with professional expectations for a Respiratory Therapist. (Affective Domain)