Kaskaskia College's Teacher Education program prepares you for transfer as a junior to a four-year college or university where you can earn the bachelor's degree and licensure you need to become a teacher. We can offer courses for many different grade levels and teaching areas.
The Kaskaskia College teacher education program allows students to focus on the Pre-K-12 licensure and degree requirements in all areas, including PreK, Elementary Education, Special Education, Agricultural Education, Physical Education, Art, and Music for Middle and High School pathways.
Discipline Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify the central philosophical concepts, methods of inquiry, and the political, social, and organizational structures of the discipline of teaching.
- Compare and contrast how individual student develop and differ in their intellectual, personal, social, and cultural approaches to learning.
- Describe instructional planning and design based upon clear understanding of pedagogical knowledge, professional standards, and expected curriculum goals.
- Examine the differences between internal and external motivation of students, recognized the necessary attributes of positive school culture.
Gen Ed Student Learning Outcomes
- Critical Thinking
- Understanding of Diversity
- Research Skills