Career & Technical Certificate
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
KC’s Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program has prepared over 1,296 LPNs since 1980 for a career in healthcare. In just 11 months, students can start their career in a variety of settings, including hospitals, long-term care settings, doctor's offices, outpatient clinics, home health, or hospice. KC's program features:
- New students admitted twice per year
- State-of-the-art simulation lab
- Board exam pass rates above state and national average
This is a three-semester program leading to a certificate. The graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). Graduates who pass the exam may apply to become Licensed Practical Nurses. The current NCLEX pass rate for Kaskaskia College is 96%. LPNs work in a variety of healthcare settings giving direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
What You Can Do
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
To apply to the College, please click the Apply button below. To apply to this program, scroll to the bottom of the page and under “Additional Information”, choose the Allied Health Applications link.
How to Apply to the Program
1. Apply to Kaskaskia College (see link above).
2. Fill out the Allied Health Application. The link contains applications to all the Kaskaskia College Allied Health Programs
Questions? Learn more about the Nursing Program Application Process.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate individualized, evidence-based nursing care for clients according to the nursing process.
- Develop open communication with clients and their support systems.
- Organize client-centered care with other health care team members based on nursing judgment.
- Recognize the need for a commitment to lifelong learning and quality improvement according to regulations of the nursing profession.
Associate Professor of Nursing
Phone | 618-545-3332
Phone | 618-545-3040
Fax | 618-545-3393