Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
Learn the Latest Nail Trends
- Learn the latest techniques for natural nails – gel polish, powder dip, manicuring, pedicuring and more.
- We only use professional products throughout training and allow our students to enjoy a variety of the most in-demand products – Cuccio, Morgan Taylor, CND, Artistic, etc…
- Understand different types of artificials – sculptured nails, tip application, overlays in powder/liquid and gel acrylic and wraps.
- Proper instruction of an electric file and how to safely use it on your client.
- For those with a creative side, nail art is where it’s at – marbling, drag art, gel art, 3D and more.
Learn the Business Skills You Need to Succeed!
Kaskaskia College Nail Technology students are challenged to hone their business skills by focusing on communications, problem solving, conflict resolution, salon business plan, branding/marketing, salon financials and website creation. We can teach you how to become the total salon professional you have always dreamed of.
Study Nail Technology in a College Atmosphere!
- Course Requirements: High School diploma or Equivalency.
- Class Start Dates: TBD depending on enrollment
- Completion Time:1 semester
- Certification Requirements:You must pass a state licensing exam that includes a written and practical test
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Confirm the ability to pass the state board nail technology licensure exam.
- Demonstrate behavioral objectives for attitude, work ethics, and employment skills necessary to be successful in the nail technology business.
- Implement essential skills needed to succeed and progress in the field of nail technology. She/he will also possess the skills necessary to remain technically flexible in a field of constantly changing fashion trends.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills in regards to comprehensive nail technology knowledge. Students will be able to use deductive reasoning to problem-solve in salon-based situations.
Assistant Professor of Cosmetology
Phone | 618-545-3386
Professor of Cosmetology
Phone | 618-545-3306