Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
Learn the Latest Cosmetology Trends
- Learn the latest cutting techniques for long hair, short hair, men’s hair, razor cuts and fades, face framing and more.
- Learn how to achieve the perfect blonde, red and brunette with foiling techniques and advanced color formulations.
- Product knowledge that helps you manage the hair you are working on. We only use professional products throughout training and allow our students to enjoy a variety of the most in-demand products – Paul Mitchell, Redken, Aquage, Chi, Kenra, Matrix, Amica, Milkshake, etc…
- Understand hair types, learn how to relax ethnic hair and keratin smoothing treatments.
- Learn how to achieve the perfect curl in a perm.
- For those who love nails, learn manicures, pedicures, artificial nails and nail art.
- Makeup lovers can get training in day-to-day, evening and special occasion makeup, lash applications and how to take the natural beauty of your client and enhance their look. Airbrush and traditional makeup techniques taught.
Learn the Business Skills You Need to Succeed!
Kaskaskia College Cosmetology students are challenged to hone their business skills by focusing on communications, problem solving, conflict resolution, salon business plan, branding/marketing, salon financials and website creation. We can teach you how to become the total salon professional you have always dreamed of.
Study Cosmetology in a College Atmosphere!
- Course Requirements: High School diploma or Equivalency.
- Class Start Dates: August, January and June
- Completion Time:11 months
- Certification Requirements:You must pass a state licensing exam that includes a written and practical test
Upon Program Completion, You May Have Several Career Options Ahead of You:
- Platform Artist
- Makeup Artist
- Business Owner
- Image/Fashion Consultant
- Product Specialist
- Product Sales
- Spa Manager
- Salon Manager
- Spa Owner
- Salon Owner
- Brow Artist
What You Can Do
Potential Employment Opportunities Include Working At:
- Cruise Ships
- TV Stations
- High-end Stores
- Modeling Agencies
- Photography Studios
- Wedding Agencies
- Dermatologist Offices
- Plastic Surgeon Offices
- Medical Spas
- Health & Wellness Centers
Professor of Cosmetology
Phone | 618-545-3306
Location | Main Campus
Office | Health and Professional Careers, PC 149