Associate in Applied Science
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
Set your sights higher than a certificate – pursue a college degree in Cosmetology! Our degree, developed by salon professionals, focuses on creating a well-rounded cosmetologist through leadership, communication, marketing and psychology. Pursue personal excellence by enhancing your Cosmetology certificate training!
- Associate in Applied Science in Cosmetology degree – 71 credit hours (50 credit hour Cosmetology program + 7 pre-selected college courses)
- Many high school dual credit courses qualify.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Confirm the ability to pass the Illinois State Board of Beauty Culture Control examination and obtain a cosmetologist's license.
- Demonstrate behavioral objectives for attitude, work ethics, and employment skills necessary to be successful in the Cosmetology business.
- Implement essential skills needed to succeed and progress in the field of cosmetology. She/he will also possess the skills necessary to remain technically flexible in a field of constantly changing fashion trends.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills in regard to comprehensive cosmetology knowledge. Students will be able to use deductive reasoning to problem-solve in salon-based situations.
Students completing this degree must also complete curriculum requirements aligned with General Education Student Learning Outcomes.
Professor of Cosmetology
Phone | 618-545-3306
Location | Main Campus
Office | Health and Professional Careers, PC 149