Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
This program prepares students to install, service and repair residential and commercial air conditioning, refrigeration and heating systems. Students will study physical, mechanical, and chemical principles of refrigeration and air conditioning with emphasis on electrical controls and motors. Students will also gain proficiency in blueprint reading, sheet metal construction, proper ventilation, installation, heating and cooling diagnosis and installation of residential and commercial equipment.
What You Can Do
- Service Technician
- Sheet Metal Worker
- HVAC Installer
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation
- Refrigeration Mechanic and Installer
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to install, service and repair refrigeration systems and their components.
- Demonstrate the ability to install, service and repair electric, gas, and oil heating systems and their components.
- Apply knowledge of basic industrial electricity and electronics to HVAC/R system operations.
- Apply knowledge of basic math skills to fabrication of sheet metal fittings needed for the HVAC industry.
- Design HVAC systems for residential and commercial structures.