Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
The Accounting Degree provides students with a foundation of accounting principles, both financial and managerial, as well as an introduction into taxation for individuals and businesses. Students graduating with this degree obtain hands-on experience with today’s accounting software systems. Students will also develop a comprehensive understanding of business and economics, including management, marketing, legal aspects of business, and the basics of supply and demand.
What you can do
Upon successful completion of this degree students will be prepared for employment in the following fields:
- Financial Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Budget Accountant
- Administrative Assistant
- Management Trainee
- Accounting Clerk
- Tax Preparer
- Loan Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain basic accounting principles
- Effectively maintain the financial and tax records of a business entity
- Interpret financial data for planning, controlling, and evaluating the performance of a business
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior
Students completing this degree must also complete curriculum requirements aligned with General Education Student Learning Outcomes.