The Pipeline for the Advancement of the Health Care Workforce Program (PATH) provides students with the resources to begin a new career in healthcare or continue their current healthcare career with additional certificates or licensures.
The PATH grant aims to create, support and expand opportunities for individuals in health science programs, allowing them to earn credentials or degrees and advance their careers. The grant will also help address the shortage of qualified professionals in the health care industry.
Eligibility and Benefits
All students are eligible for the PATH grant if enrolled or planning to enroll in a qualified program at Kaskaskia College. With priority funding for:
- Minority populations
- Economically disadvantaged
- First-generation college students
- Current healthcare employees seeking additional certificates or degrees
Program benefits include:
- FREE CNA course
- FREE EMT Basic course
- FREE training in critical “soft” skills valued by employers.
- Continuing education scholarships to those currently working in healthcare who wise to advance their skills with additional certificates or licensure.
- Licensure and Certification test fee financial support.
- Financial rewards for successful completion of clinical assignments.
What Careers are Eligible for Funding?
Participants may choose from several healthcare careers including:
- Associated Degree Nursing (RN)
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Office Personnel
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Practical Nursing