Board of Trustees Scholarship
(Academic tuition waiver) This scholarship pays tuition for two academic years immediately following high school, including summer semester hours between and after the two academic years. Each in-district high school valedictorian, and salutatorian, or the next highest-ranking student(s) in the upper ¼ of his/her graduating class may apply. Contact the Director of Financial Aid at 545-3081 or your high school guidance counselor for more information.
These scholarships waive tuition and fees for in-district students for two academic years contingent upon compliance with the established conditions of eligibility, and may include summer semester hours, between and after the two academic years. Contact the Director of Athletics for more information.
Fine and Performing Arts Scholarship
Scholarships consist of a waiver of tuition and mandatory fees assessed to students who enroll in classes, maintaining full time status, at Kaskaskia College. Mandatory fees do not include specific course-related fees. Scholarships are available in the following activities. For more information or to schedule an audition contact the scholarship sponsor for the area you are interested in:
- Instrumental Music- Schedule audition with Director of Bands, Cliff Jourdan
- Theater - Schedule interview with David Quinn
- Vocal Music - Schedule audition with Director of Choirs, Lynda Marshall
All applicants will submit the following materials before being considered:
- KC Application for Admission, if not on file
- Fine and Performing Arts Scholarship application
- High school transcript/college transcript on file with Kaskaskia College
- Two letters of recommendation
- Teacher/Director/School Representative for a related fine and performing arts discipline with knowledge of active applicant participation
- Faculty member or business/civic person
- One page essay – Topic: Why I Should Be Awarded This Scholarship
Applications and other required materials must be received by the program coordinator no later than June 30th to be eligible for consideration for fall semesters and no later than January 1st to be considered for spring semesters of the year in which the application is submitted. Applications received after the deadline will be considered based on recipient need and availability of scholarships.
Students in Recruitment (SiRs) Scholarship
This scholarship provides tuition and fees up to 15 credit hours for fall and spring and up to 6 credit hours in summer. Students receiving this scholarship serve as a “peer” recruiter supporting recruitment activities in cooperation with the Kaskaskia College Office of Recruitment. For more detailed eligibility requirements or to access the application, contact the Student Recruitment Specialist at 545-3049
Get In Touch
If you still have questions contact our department and we’ll be happy to help.