Student Support Services (TRIO/SSS) program is a federally funded program to provide academic support to increase retention and graduation rates. TRIO is looking for students who want to join them on the path to SUCCESS!
All TRiO/SSS services are FREE to TRiO participants. The TRiO/SSS program provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students toward the successful completion of their post-secondary education. The program helps students increase their grade point average; stay enrolled in college classes; complete their chosen certificate or degree program, and when applicable, transfer to a 4-year college.
- Academic Advising & Course Selection
- One-on-One or Group Tutoring
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Four-Year Campus Visits & Tours
- Skill Enhancement Sessions
- Career & Financial Counseling
- Transfer Assistance & Advising
- FAFSA, Financial Aid & Scholarship Search Assistance
How Do I Qualify?
TRIO/SSS is a selective program open to students who are:
- U.S. Citizen and/or Permanent Resident
- Enrolled at Kaskaskia College
- First-Generation College Student (Neither parent has 4 year college degree); and/or
- Meets Income Guidelines as Outlined by the U.S. Department of Education and/or
- Student with Disabilities (Verification required through KC’s Disability Support Services)
Complete the online application
You can also check out the TRiO Club Page
Get In Touch
If you still have some questions please contact our TRiO Office.