The Director of Institutional Research supervises all institutional research activities which provide information to support institutional planning, policy formulation, and decision-making, directs and manages data collection, data analysis, and research activities relative to institutional research, and directs the compilation of data and manages the submission of required state and federal reports regarding College activities.
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness reports to the Chief Information Officer, who reports to the Vice President of Administrative Services.
Qualifications for Position
- Bachelors degree in analytics, computer science, management information systems, research methods, or a closely related field;
- Three years of related experience;
- Experience with Excel, relational databases, statistical software, data mining tools, and SharePoint;
- Knowledge of data analysis, data visualizations, survey design, and reporting to internal and external entities
- Dedication to consensus decision-making;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to help people understand the significance of data by placing it in a visual context;
- Strong integrity, dedication, interpersonal, and management skills
- Masters degree, with requisite Bachelors degree
- Five years of related experience
- Experience with higher education administration and student information systems, including reporting systems
- Experience with submitting accountability reports to Federal, State, and College-level entities
- Experience with PowerBI, Python, R, Tableau, or similar analytical and data mining tools.
- Provides information of a general nature about the College and its environment by publishing various documents such as the Fact Book and the Department Profiles.
- Ensures that all state and federal reports are submitted timely by establishing and maintaining a reports management system.
- Provides data to appropriate administrative units regarding faculty activities by conducting extensive faculty surveys, compiling data, and reporting the results.
- Responds to ad hoc issues concerning the College by researching the problems and providing appropriate responses.
- Ensures that internal and external requests for support in completing surveys/questionnaires are completed promptly by managing a suspense system of critical dates relative to the surveys/questionnaires.
- Provide leadership in data governance to ensure the availability, usability, integrity, and security of College data. This role includes working with departments responsible for data to improve collecting, entering, and reviewing processes.
- Work to provide efficient and effective means for disseminating data, including reports and visualizations.
- Provide faculty and staff educational opportunities that improve data analysis for effective decision-making, planning, and assessment.
- Represent the College at professional organizations related to institutional research, including serving as the Colleges ICCB MIS Coordinator.
- This is a Presidents Cabinet-level position. The employee is expected to execute functions promptly and professionally, including evening and weekend commitments.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Chief Information Officer and potentially other Vice Presidents and the President.
- Administer and coordinate the Colleges compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Hires qualified research staff through recruiting, screening, and interviewing applicants.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Administer and oversee the institutional research budget.
- Contributes to the overall success of campus technology by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Special Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with higher education enterprise data systems and the ability to extract data and translate it into useful academic reports/dashboards
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Ability to develop dashboards and connect databases to the web
Manage all members of the Institutional Effectiveness department. Responsible for professional development, assigning and reviewing work, approving leaves and timesheets, and completing evaluations.
The federal government and the Illinois Community College Board provide many guidelines for this position. The employee is expected to follow all local, State, and Federal laws and all College policies and procedures. This position will establish and implement appropriate compliance processes. The employee is expected to adhere to and promote the Colleges core values of compassion, respect, fairness, honesty, and responsibility.
Has frequent contact with Presidents Cabinet, faculty and staff, and contacts at oversight agencies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Works in a standard office environment with frequent distractions, interruptions, and deadlines. Must be able to be mobile and stationary throughout the workday Have the ability to transport 20 pounds and be able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office Some travel to education centers and training sites. Minimal travel out-of-district is required, generally for professional development activities
As an AA/EEO employer Kaskaskia College is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College.
BENEFIT SUMMARY SHEET FOR EXECUTIVE/MANAGERIAL AND PROFESSIONAL/MANAGERIAL STAFF
The following information is based on the current employee fringe benefits that Kaskaskia College offers. It is not intended to be a contractual agreement and in no way limits Kaskaskia College from altering such benefits in the future.
VACATION LEAVE 1.83 days per month, for a total of 22 days per fiscal year. For grant-funded employees, vacation time must be used in the year that it is earned.
SICK LEAVE 12 days per fiscal year
PERSONAL LEAVE 3 days per fiscal year
PAID HOLIDAYS Minimum of 13 paid holidays per year
HEALTH INSURANCE is effective the first day of the month after hire date and includes comprehensive medical, vision and dental coverage.
Rates effective 9/1/23:
$247.00 per month employee only coverage
$394.00 per month employee plus one
$420.00 per month employee plus family
Provider is Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois.
LIFE INSURANCE is provided by the College and is effective the first day of the month after hire date. The benefit amount is equal to annual salary. Additional voluntary insurance is available at employees expense.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT and 403(b) PLANS are also available.
The State Universities Retirement System requires that 8% of an employees monthly gross pay is deducted for individual retirement purposes.
It is also required that .75% of an employees monthly gross pay be deducted to fund the College Insurance Plan for Community College Retirees.
TUITION WAIVERS are available for staff and family.
CHILD CARE and BOOKSTORE DISCOUNT available.
For further information regarding benefits, please contact Human Resources at 618-545-3024.