A tax preparer will assist businesses and individuals in preparing federal and state tax returns.
- Prepare income tax return forms for businesses and individuals accurately
- Review various financial records like tax forms, income statements, receipts of expenditures and previous tax returns to determine a strategy for preparing current or prior year r returns.
- Use tax form instructions, tax tables and tax program to make proper entries and compute the amount of taxes an individual or business owes
- Consult tax resources and law books to obtain assistance with atypical returns.
- Verify information that individuals bring in the the interview or prepared themselves to check for errors and miscalculations
- Calculate proper fee to charge for tax preparation services based on the complexity of each form and the amount of time required for the work based on prices.
- Take continuing education courses to stay up-to-date on changes in federal and state tax codes.
- Follow instructions and guidelines set by the employers as proper procedure.
- Check your work before submitting it to our process of tax preparation in our office.
- Obtain all documents required to complete the returns accurately