The function of this position is to provide assistance, coaching and on-the-job supervision to individuals with disabilities in order to maintain paid employment in integrated business settings. With the goal of creating a positive experience for both the individual and the employer. The Supported Employment Specialist/Job Coach assists individuals in a variety of ways including their orientation to the work environment and duties, integration into the employment site, job performance and expectations, appropriate work and social behaviors, safety practices and transportation. As needed, employers and co-workers may need to be educated on any modifications that must be made to ensure the client is comfortable in their job setting. This position requires some flexibility in scheduled hours dependent on our community customers' needs, so nights and weekend availability would be required. This person will also provide support in KWI's main production site.
- Perform the duties of Job Coach assisting service recipients in the development of workplace supports to assure the best possible opportunity in obtaining and maintaining competitive employment.
-Provide on-going training and supports to service recipients in work ethic, conduct, and performance.
- Train clients to complete work assignments per employer specifications.
- Monitor and report client progress based on established goals and objectives in a timely and efficient manner
- Promote a positive work environment for individuals, co-workers and employers
- Assist employers in communicating with the client to facilitate client/employer relations
-Complete daily time sheets, case notes, and reports for all clients in your caseload and route these documents as necessary
- Communicate service and active treatment needs of clients to the QIDP/Case Manager and Production Manager
- Participate in client staffing reviews and follow through with recommendations and be knowledgeable of changing needs of individuals
- Conduct job trial evaluations for new clients
- Perform job development activities that offer current site expansion or the development of new site.
- Responsible for agency vehicle operation and transporting individuals and work crews.
- Ensure safe working environment and practices for clients at work sites, including review of fire and emergency procedures to assure prompt and safe responses.
- Respond to medical and behavioral emergencies following appropriate health and safety crisis prevention, first aid, CPR, accident/incident reporting and other procedures
- Attend mandated training within prescribed time periods and attend in-services
- Experience, preferable with I/DD or related field
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Email and Internet
- A valid driver's license
- Current CPR and First Aid card
- Physical positions of: balancing, pulling, pushing, standing, climbing, grasping, stooping, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, and lifting up to 50llbs.
Salary and Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Program
- PTO Package
- 14 Paid holidays