- Associate of Arts and Associate of Applied Science - Kaskaskia College
- Bachelor of Science - Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Master of Science - Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Advanced graduate study; PhD Program Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Professional Internship: SIUC Graduate School, PhD program
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- University of Chicago School of Medicine
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
- Past member of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers: Bioengineering Standards Committee.
The information in courses I teach prepare students for professional careers by exposing them to key applications of anatomy and physiology in practical and applied settings. Clinical studies are used to apply information learned in actual clinical examples. Learning is enhanced when students realize the importance of information discussed in class.