Areas of Responsibility at KC: Instruction of radiologic physics, positioning, and anatomy along with administrative responsibilities of overseeing program budget, assessment, scheduling, and policies & procedures.
Courses Taught: Radiology Physics, Anatomy, Review, CT, Mammography, and Continuing Education Seminars
Education/Degrees with Years:
- Master of Science in Education, Workforce Education and Development, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, December 2004.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois. December 1987.
- A.A.S. in Radiologic Technology, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois. May 1986.
- A.A.S. in Allied Health Careers Specialties, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois. May 1986.
What are your goals as a teacher at Kaskaskia College? My goal as a director is to graduate students from the Radiologic Technology Program with a great sense of knowledge and clinical expertise so they will be successful in their chosen profession. I want my students to understand, practice, and demonstrate the best standard of care for patients while creating quality images. I also want to instill in students the desire to continually grow and expand their education in this chosen profession.
If we had a chance to talk with any of our former students, what would they tell us about you and your classes? It is tough but worth it. Students are prepared at graduation to pass their registry and that I have high expectations and want students to succeed.
- November 2017: Participated with PAHO in Trinidad presenting on QA & QC.
- July 2017: Participated with PAHO in Suriname presenting on QA & QC.
- April 2017: Presenter at the Illinois State Society of Radiologic Technology Annual Conference.
- April 2016: Presenter at the Critical Access Hospitals Association in Springfield, Illinois.
- April 2013: Presenter at the Illinois State Society of Radiologic Technology Annual Conference.
- October 2013: Presented two Webinars on Digestive disorders and Respiratory Pathology in conjunction with PAHO.
- June 2013: Participated with RAD-AID and PAHO in Guyana presenting information pertaining to creating the curriculum for a Radiology Bachelor’s Program at the University of Guyana.
- ASRT- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- ISSRT- Illinois State Society of Radiologic Technologists
Awards & Recognitions:
- 2007 Assessment Award
- 2013 Technology Excellence Award
- Aug 2012, January 2011, and April 2012: Making a Difference Award at Kaskaskia College.
- April 2009: Memorial Lecture at the Illinois State Society of Radiologic Technologist Annual Conference.
- 2008-2012: President-Elect, President, and Chair of the Illinois State Society of Radiologic Technologists.