Temporary COVID HR Manager will be responsible for coordinating and carrying out the college’s COVID-19 mitigation strategies along with college leadership. This position will serve as the liaison/point of contact to students and employees regarding quarantine and isolation protocols. They will also provide guidance and updates on the development of local, state, and federal guidelines pertaining to COVID-19.
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources, who reports to the President.
Qualifications for Position
Required: • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Requires a strong ability to communicate with and empathize with others.
• Requires ability to establish and further cooperative working relationships with college personnel, local health groups and agencies.
• Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Requires strong organizational skills.
• Requires computer skills and the ability to learn and work with new software systems.
• Requires ability to present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Two-year degree in health care or related field
• Two-year degree in health care or related field
Preferred: • Experience working in Human Resources and/or Health Care related background
• Understanding of State and Federal HR laws and compliance
• Bachelor’s degree in Allied Health or Human Resources
• Provide contact tracing for any students, employees, and visitors that may receive a positive and/or red screener.
• Gathers information for contact tracing when individuals are identified as positive and/or receives a red screener.
• Responds to COVID-19 outbreaks where needed to assist with mitigation strategies.
• Helps coordinate and support the testing clinics on campus for internal and external populations.
• Works with the Athletic Director to ensure athletes are testing regularly and following through with COVID-19 and College guidelines.
• Serve as the liaison/point-of-contact to students and employees regarding quarantine and isolation protocols.
• Provide guidance and updates on the development of local, state, and federal guidelines pertaining to COVID-19.
• Collaborate and support with the COVID-19 Task team to continually update and improve upon our systems and mitigation efforts.
• Manages and tracks LOA process manually for both non-union and union populations, collaborating with the Human Resources Director.
• Sends necessary paperwork and communication to employees, processes claims, and tracks time off for all leave of absences including but not limited to: Personal leave, Workers Compensation, FMLA, Parental Leave, Professional Leave and Disability.
• Acts as point person for employees with inquiries about leaves of absence and reasonable accommodations. Engages in the interactive process with employees when necessary.
• Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations
• Submits HR transactions and workflow forms for day-to-day processing of leaves of absence.
• Maintains employee LOA files.
• Tracks and processes unemployment claims.
• Handles confidential matters with discretion.
• Provides back-up coverage and support for HR team and additional areas as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Staff member is expected to follow all College policies and procedures as well as all local, state, and federal laws. Staff member is also expected to adhere to and foster development of Kaskaskia College core values of compassion, honesty, respect, responsibility and fairness.
This position can expect to have frequent contact with students, other College employees, and will have frequent contact with the community.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer. Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Kaskaskia College is seeking applications for a temporary COVID HR Manager. This is a 12-month, temporary (1-year assignment, continuation of position is contingent upon funds and college needs) full time position eligible for fringe benefits and an annual salary of $40,000-$50,000. This position is responsible for coordinating and carrying out the college’s COVID-19 mitigation strategies along with college leadership. The COVID HR Manager will serve as the liaison/point of contact to students and employees regarding quarantine and isolation protocols. They will also provide guidance and updates on the development of local, state, and federal guideline pertaining to COVID-19.
The position requires an Associate’s Degree in Health Care or another relevant field. This position also requires strong written communication skills, strong ability to communicate with and empathize with others, establish and further cooperative working relationships with college personnel, local health groups and agencies. Other requirements are excellent time management skills, organizational skills, and computer skills. Preferred qualifications are experience working in Human Resources and/or Health Care, understanding of State and Federal HR laws and compliance, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health or Human Resources.
To receive consideration, applicants must submit a cover letter describing how qualifications meet the position criteria, along with a resume, copy of college transcripts (if applicable), and official Kaskaskia College employment application online at www.kaskaskia.edu/hr. All applicants being considered for hire will be required to submit to a pre-employment background investigation, including a criminal record check.
RE: Temporary COVID HR Manager HR82621
27210 College Road
Centralia, IL 62801
As an AA/EEO employer Kaskaskia College is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. A full job description is available at www.kaskaskia.edu/hr.
VACATION LEAVE 12 days per year for first fiscal year. Thereafter, employee receives 12 days plus one additional vacation day for each year of completed service up to a maximum of 22 days per fiscal year. Leave is accrued at the rate of 1 day per month.
SICK LEAVE 12 days per fiscal year
PERSONAL LEAVE 3 days per fiscal year
HOLIDAYS Minimum of 13 paid holidays per year
HEALTH INSURANCE is effective the first day of the month after hire date and includes comprehensive medical, vision and dental coverage. Current Rates effective 9/1/21 $178.00 per month employee only coverage $290.00 per month for employee +1 dependent $335.00 per month employee +2 or more dependents Provider is Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois.
LIFE INSURANCE is provided by the College and is effective the first day of the month after hire date. The benefit amount is equal to annual salary. Additional voluntary insurance is available at employee’s expense.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT and 403(b) PLANS are also available.
RETIREMENT PLAN The State Universities Retirement System requires that 8% of an employee’s monthly gross pay is deducted for individual retirement purposes. It is also required that .5% of an employee’s monthly gross pay be deducted to fund the College Insurance Plan for Community College Retirees.
TUITION WAIVERS are available for staff and family.