Responsible for all coordinating specific activities within the Athletic program at Kaskaskia College. Responsible for planning for ongoing health and safety of student athletes and related record keeping. Manages elements of athletic department fundraising including concession stand management and assuring compliance with fund raising record keeping. Assists in planning and implementation of athlete orientation to communicate provisions of health and safety policies as well as success practices which student athletes are to follow. Maintains currency and accuracy of information on the athletic website and communicates sports information to the public using a variety of social media channels. Is available for athletic management in the absence of the Athletic Director.
Reports to the Athletic Director who reports to the Vice President of Student Services, who reports to the College President. Position supervises student workers assigned to Athletics.
Qualifications for Position
Required: • Bachelor’s degree in relevant field • Minimum one-year coaching experience • Proficiency in organizing and planning • Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to teamwork, process leadership, and consensus decision-making. • Possess strong leadership and management skills • Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the community college mission and philosophy • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Strong public relations skills • Demonstrated commitment to supporting and participating in student activities and college events • Unrestricted and current Illinois driver’s license Preferred: • Previous administrative experience • Strong understanding NJCAA and Great Rivers Athletic Conference rules and regulations • Significant record keeping/documentation experience
• Develop and implement ongoing processes to assure student athlete health and safety by assuring athletic trainer coverage. Plan and implement special provisions for student athlete health related to communicable diseases, concussion screening and other risks encountered by student athletes.
• Supervise and evaluate student workers serving the athletic program and ensure that all are performing appropriately for each sport.
• Coordinate the safety, cleaning, use and upkeep of KC athletic facilities in conjunction with coaches for each sport.
• Understand and abide by NJCAA and Great Rivers Athletic Conference (GRAC) rules and regulations. Communicate NJCAA and GRAC rules and regulations to coaches, student athletes and others in the athletic department.
• Implement NJCAA, GRAC and IDPH rules and guidelines regarding safe and health conscious athletic competitions and communicate these to student athletes, coaches and public.
• Assists in planning and implementation of annual student athlete orientation with emphasis on provision of information which positions student athletes for health and academic success.
• Participate in the development and submission of required college, state and national reports.
• Attend all appropriate GRAC and Region XXIV meetings and communicate relevant information to Athletic Director, VP of Student Services and relevant coaches.
• Monitor inventory, ordering and purchasing procedures in accordance with College policies and in conjunction with coaches for each sport.
• Schedule and plan for concessions at all home competitions including ordering of supplies and arranging workers for the games. Follow business office policies and procedures in receipt and deposits of concession earnings.
• Uphold the positive image of Kaskaskia College by exhibiting professional conduct at all times.
• Promote positive image of Kaskaskia College through ongoing upkeep of the Athletic website with current and relevant information. Implement public promotion of the athletic programs of the college through a variety of social medial channels.
• Attend and provide game management as requested by the Athletic Director.
• Oversee the adherence of student athletes to conduct code and coordinate Athletic Review Committee for imposition of sanctions. Ensure that coaches for each athletic team are monitoring and providing appropriate follow-up for disciplinary issues.
• Work as part of overall athletic department team to develop and improve athletic programs.
• Assists the Athletic Director as needed to assure ongoing smooth operation of the athletic department.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervise Assistant Athletic Director, coaches, athletes, support staff and students workers as necessary.
Carry out assigned duties independently and with minimum supervision. Consultation with VP and President available as necessary.
Expected to follow all College policies and procedures as well as all local, state and federal laws. Also expected to adhere to and foster development of Kaskaskia College core values of compassion, honesty, respect, responsibility and fairness.
Position will have daily contact with coaches, athletes, students, and other College employees and will have frequent contact with the community and external agencies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Extensive travel required. Flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends required.
Kaskaskia College is seeking applicants for an Assistant Athletic Director who will have responsibility for planning for ongoing health and safety of student athletes and related record keeping. Manages elements of athletic department fundraising including concession stand management and assuring compliance with fund raising record keeping. Assists in planning and implementation of athlete orientation to communicate provisions of health and safety policies as well as success practices which student athletes are to follow. Maintains currency and accuracy of information on the athletic website and communicates sports information to the public using a variety of social media channels. Is available for athletic management in the absence of the Athletic Director.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree. Qualifications also include experience in coaching, participation in collegiate athletics as a student athlete or in providing student success services in a college environment or other relevant experience. The successful candidate will have strong experience working in teams and have excellent oral and written communication skills. This position also requires a person to have a commitment to the community college mission and philosophy and ability to communicate effectively with diverse people.
This is a contractual/stipend position paid at $12,000 (ten months out of the year).
To receive consideration, applicants must submit a cover letter describing how qualifications meet the position description criteria, along with a resume, copy of college transcripts (if applicable), and official Kaskaskia College employment application online at www.kaskaskia.edu/hr. All applicants being considered for hire will be required to submit to a pre-employment background investigation, including a criminal record check.
RE: Assistant Athletic Director SS9821
27210 College Road
Centralia, IL 62801
As an AA/EEO employer Kaskaskia College is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. A full job description is available at www.kaskaskia.edu/hr.