The Respiratory Care Assistant is responsible for treating patients with cardiopulmonary disabilities and/or disease by providing basic and selected respiratory therapy under supervision of a Respiratory Therapist, processing respiratory therapy equipment, providing assistance to Respiratory Therapist by stocking RT service areas with equipment and supplies and ordering supplies.
- Disassembles, washes, rinses ,dries and packages respiratory equipment
- Reassembles and checks respiratory equipment for proper function
- Orders supplies for RT department and service areas
- Stocks equipment and supplies to all RT service areas
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Assist with cleaning Respiratory Care Related Equipment
- Assist with placement of Respiratory Care Related Equipment out in the patient care units
- Stock Respiratory Care supplies in the patient care units
- Assist with Monthly monitoring and stocking of Airway supplies.
Must be enrolled in an accredited Respiratory Care Program with successful completion of the first year.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Customer service experience preferred.
Standard office equipment ( computer, printer, copier phone, fax machine and file cabinets). All types of basic respiratory supply to provide routine care and monitoring.