Vituity, among the largest truly democratic physician partnerships in the nation, has a paid part-time position as a Medical Scribe available at HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital in Effingham, IL for students interested in a career in healthcare, specifically those with intention of attending medical, physician assistant, or nursing school.
Scribes work closely with physicians and health care providers to supply real time charting of physician and patient encounters during medical exams. Scribes are responsible for a variety of clerical tasks that include retrieving medical records, documenting the results of diagnostic tests, and preparing discharge instructions, while maintaining the flow of the Emergency Department.
- · Responsible and mature demeanor with a passion for medicine
- · Strong writing skills
- · Quick and accurate typing speed
- · Experience with medical terminology is preferred
- · Ability to stand, walk and follow a physician for extended periods of time
- · Ability to work in a stressful and fast paced environment
- · 1+ year commitment
- · Self-motivated
- · Excellent follow through
- · Completion of a scribe applicant test
Salary and Benefits
- First hand exposure to a clinical setting for undergraduates or post baccalaureate students pursuing a career in healthcare
- Great opportunity for students taking time off before Medical, PA or NP
- Scribe hours are counted towards clinical training for most PA programs
- Work one-on-one with physicians and other health care providers
- Become proficient in medical terminology
- Outstanding networking and resume building opportunities
How to Apply
About the Employer
Vituity is the largest in-house provider of scribes in the country with over 1000 scribe employees in over 50 Emergency Departments. Our scribes successfully facilitate lasting partnerships between physicians, local communities and universities, patients and hospital staff. Our Scribe Alumni Program is designed for those interested in pursuing these connections throughout their career.