At this time, you should be comfortable with technology and be ready to adapt and learn as we give our families the option of teletherapy. Our office is open for in-person therapy sessions and therapists are provided with proper COVID-19 safety standards and extra cleaning precautions are taken throughout our office. Our families are also aware of our safety measures as we pride ourselves on clear and frequent communication.
Responsibilities: Review electronic medical records for the purpose of identifying data which will be used to assess patient careand determine reimbursement. Data entry into a database, assigns appropriate ICD 10-PCS and CPT codes, verifies medical necessity, complies with respective payer guidelines for coding, documentation and grouping of data. Perform charge capture and associated data entry, serves as liaison with other departments to resolve revenue cycle issues, assist clinicians in obtaining, clarifying documentation or improvement of CDI for coding queries. Procedure will consist of coding of all outpatient records and maintaining the daily work queues/lists for final billing to ensure and maintain reimbursement for physician services. Additional duties include the assembly, analyzing and other assigned coding duties. Actively participates and codes all patient records and prepares and enters all charges. Working knowledge of billing and follow-up practices in Revenue Cycle.
- Preferred experience in medical billing department
- Working knowledge of general computer software and willingness to learn new medical software (ClinicSource, the clearing house Availity, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Office and/or other applicable office system software)
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and good organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Data entry for new patients
- Following up on denied claims
- Working with clinicians to provide appropriate documentation
- Willingness to learn new skills
Function--Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieve patient records and missing reports as needed
- Communicates discrepancies and/or inaccuracies
- Maintain a two day billing cycle for reimbursement
- Understands revenue cycle including billing, follow-up, and denial management
- Must exhibit the ability to work collaboratively with other personnel
- Assists with other coding and clerical functions as needed
- Communicates clearly and accurately by telephone
- Maintains confidentiality of patients' records
- Maintains a professional appearance and conduct
- Performs duties with minimum supervision and uses work time productively
- Safeguards the privacy of medical record information