- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices and repairing the devices when new or fabricated parts are available.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; by notifying the Material Coordinator to order.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports and documents by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as required by Plant Manager.
· Must be able to read, write, and basic math skills. Good recordkeeping skills. Detail oriented with good communication skills.
· Able to follow a production schedule or shipping order to know what machine needs to be setup and production ready.
· Must be able to carry out verbal and written instructions.
· Able to keep up with a preventative maintenance on devices.
· Physically able to lift fifty (50) pounds from the floor to a height of five (6) feet.
· Physically able to stand on feet for at least two (2) consecutive hours.
· Good vision and depth perception is necessary.
· Able to use the hand truck and forklift. Must be able to pass the required testing to be certified for the forklift / hand truck.
· Must be able to meet minimum standards on the mechanical reasoning and quality testing.
· Must be able to work and train on different shifts.
· Must be willing to learn service worker and quality procedures (will be trained on both).
· Follows all company rules including the safety policy.
How to Apply
Contact Tracy Shumate at firstname.lastname@example.org