Associate in Applied Science
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
Kaskaskia College's Associate Degree Nursing Program provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care to patients of various ages in a variety of settings including hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics, physician’s offices, and community agencies. With a dedicated and experienced faculty, a state-of-the-art Nursing Education Center, simulation lab, and convenient clinical sites, students attending Kaskaskia College can earn their degrees, and become a practicing nurse in as little as one or two years. New students are admitted four times per year and excellent clinical experiences begin your first week of class! KC's program also prepares you if you wish to continue your educational career at a four year college or university.
The Associate Degree Nursing program prepares students to pass the NCLEX-RN examination and practice as Registered Nurses. Current Program Outcome results include:
- NCLEX-RN pass rate 94%
- Job placement rate as Registered Nurses 100%
- Program completion within 6 semesters or less 44%
To apply to the College, please click the Apply button below. To apply to this program, scroll to the bottom of the page and choose worksheet under Additional Information.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Provide safe, quality, evidence-based care to meet the unique needs of diverse patient, family and community groups.
- Demonstrates therapeutic communication that is caring and respectful with the patients, families, and healthcare team.
- Practices patient advocacy.
- Utilizes evidence-based practices to make clinical judgements.
- Prioritizes organized care of multiple patients.
- Practices behaviors showing reliable, ethical and legal responsibility.
- Utilizes evidence-based knowledge to teach prevention and health promotion practices.
Nursing FacultyAssociate Professor of NursingAssociate Professor of NursingAssociate Professor of NursingAssistant Professor of NursingProfessor of NursingAssistant Professor of NursingProfessor of NursingAssistant Professor of NursingAssistant Professor of NursingAssistant Professor of NursingAssistant Professor of NursingCNA Program CoordinatorAssistant Professor of Nursing
Vice President of Instructional Services
Phone | 618-545-3015
Phone | 618-545-3040
Fax | 618-545-3393
We can help you take the first step