Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
The Early Childhood Education Associate’s Degree will introduce students to child development and the principles of early childhood education. The courses within this certificate will focus on the principles and practices of early childhood education, child development, activity programming, health and safety for the young child, observation and assessment, and the child, family, and community. This degree also enables students to gain the Level 4 credential for the ExceleRate Illinois status. ECE courses are sequenced (fall/spring) and students beginning in the spring semester may take longer for completion of certificate.
KC's Early Childhood Education Associate’s Degree will assist in immediate employment in early childhood education centers and be a foundation to career advancement as students continue their studies within the degree.
Can I complete this degree online?
All classes in the Early Childhood Education degree program have the option to be completed face-to-face or ONLINE.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge to promote child development and learning
- Demonstrate knowledge to create family and community relationships
- Demonstrate ability to observe, document, assess young children and families
- Demonstrate knowledge of using developmentally appropriate approaches
- Design content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum
- Demonstrate knowledge of becoming a professional