Due to program restructuring and design, we are not accepting any new students into this program at this time, program enrollment anticipated Fall 2022.
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
The Database Software Developer degree will support database and programming professionals manage diversely complex database systems and develop innovative applications for both the work place and mobile purposes.
Modern technological demands require instantaneous access to data thus drives the predicted increase in the database administration workforce.
Software Application Developers and Application Developers are predicted an estimated 21-18% increase in job demands according to the WIA 2012-2022 database!
The Database Software Developer degree will provide the mechanisms for success in the career field and also provide opportunities for bridging to university for Bachelor seeking students.
What You Can Do
- Software Application Developer
- Database Administrator
- Database Programmer
- Database Developer
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Implement, support, and manage a variety of database platforms and the innovative applications they support.
- Support data centers and applications, which must be innovative and secured from vast types of exploitation.
- Design and develop dynamic applications capable of running on multiple operating system platforms that also provide satisfying end user experiences.
- Execute the development life cycle according to best practices.