Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
The Associate in Fine Arts in Art Education is designed for students seeking courses in art history, art studio and PK-12 education. Students will have a broad foundational experience in studio arts and history. Exploring aesthetics, materials, visual culture and history while receiving the introductory education classes preparing them for a bachelor’s degree in art education at a senior college or university.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a variety of mediums.
- Identify the various artists and artistic styles of eras.
- Interpret works of art through visual analysis using elements of art education.
- Identify the major learning theories that impact the role of instruction in students' learning and academic growth.
- Compare how individual students grow and differ in their intellectual, personal, social and cultural approaches to learning.