Arch & Eng Drafting Technology
Associate in Applied Science
Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
If you are a visual problem solver, this is the career for you. Now days almost everything is manufactured which means someone has to take an idea and develop it into a set of working drawings for individual to manufacture or construct. This is done by utilizing specific 2D & 3D drawing software.
Kaskaskia College's Architectural & Engineering Drafting Technology Degree provides the education and experience to become an entry-level drafter in a diverse number of fields. Students study graphic communication through technical 2D and 3D drawings, however they discover the benefits of design, through visualization, testing, analysis, manufacturing, assembly, 3D printing and 3D modeling. Students will provide drawings to other departments throughout Kaskaskia. This will allow them to work with other students and see actual drawings turn into real fabricated objects. KC's program serves students seeking to enter the drafting and design field as well as those looking to develop their skills and advance in their career.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of drafting conventions as applicable to mechanical drafting.
- Demonstrate ability to read blueprints for the machine trades.
- Produce design documentation to industry standards for creating 2D and 3D drawings for multiple disciplines.
- Develop complete residential and commercial architectural plans using industry standard practices using 3D modeling.
- Identify the standard elements of the manufacturing environment.