Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
Kaskaskia College's Agricultural Business Degree combines business courses with agricultural science courses. Continuing technological and other advances have increased the need for future workers to gain specialized training prior to beginning careers in agricultural business. This program includes the essential accounting, economics, science, marketing and agricultural courses needed for today’s complex and changing agricultural business world.
Students enrolled in the Agriculture Business Program at Kaskaskia College complete a total of 450 hours of Supervised Occupational Experience.
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
- Explain industry best-practices across the spectrum of Agriculture Business.
- Apply key concepts of Agricultural Business to provide solutions to common industry challenges and basic farm management.
- Demonstrate the use of technological advancements and applications in Agriculture Business and how those applications improve Agricultural output and efficiency.
- Complete a successful Supervised Occupational Experience. Additionally, students will identify, develop, and support their knowledge of career opportunities in Agriculture through intra- and extracurricular exposure to career pathways.
What You Can Do
Upon successful completion of this degree students will be prepared for employment in the following fields:
- Farm Manager
- Tech Sales Representative
- Tech Service Representative
- Operations Manager
- Sales Representative
- Crop Scout
- Livestock Production Manager
- Feed Sales/Management
- Livestock Equipment Sales/Mgt.
- Research or Lab Technician