Explore our Computer Science Online Programs
Kaskaskia College is partnering with Black Rocket to launch a new Explore Computer Science program. Designed as online STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) summer camps, each three-hour class is offered as either a week-long morning or afternoon program. Children from age 8 to 14 have the opportunity to learn about topics such as video game design and animation, inventing, programming, coding and YouTube content creation.
These classes are not compatible with any tablet or mobile device. Student created projects will be available on a password protected Black Rocket website to share with family and friends. Be sure to read the tech specifications before registering for any of these classes.
Registration is now open! Be sure to use the Kaskaskia College discount code KASK at check out.
Combining education, learning and engagement in a fun, online environment
- June 8 through Aug. 10
- One-week sessions, Monday - Friday
- Each session is either morning (8:30 - 11:30 a.m.) or afternoon (12:30 - 3:30 p.m.)
- Designed for young people from 8 to 14 (sessions are either age 8 to 11 or age 11 to 14)
- Course descriptions
- Engaging, interactive activities guided by live, online instructors. Instructor-to-student ratio is 1:10 or less!
- Moderated virtual room for youth to engage with the instructor and interact with other participants. Safety is our top priority, and students are not able to communicate directly with other students. In addition, students’ computer cameras are not turned on although students are able to see their instructors.
- For information about special accommodations, please contact Amber Georgieff of Black Rocket, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technical requirements
- Don’t forget to use the Kaskaskia College discount code KASK at check out!
Courses are listed below and their course descriptions are available here.
|3D Game Design with Unity||App Attack!|
|App.IO: Make Your First Multiplayer App!||Battle Royale: Make Your First Fortnite Style Video Game|
|Code Breakers||Code Your Own Adventure! Interactive Storytelling|
|eSports Apprentice - Streamers and Gamers||Inventors League - Prototyping for the Future!|
|Make Your First Video Game!||Minecraft Animators|
|Minecraft Designers||Minecraft Modders|
|Minecraft Redstone Engineers||Pokemon Masters: Designers & 3D Makers Unite!|
|Python Programmers||ROBLOX Coders & Entrepreneurs!|
|ROBLOX Makers||Rocket Kart Racers: Design A Mario Kart Style Game|
|Video Game Animation||YouTube Content Creators|
Cost and registration information
- $129 per course USE CODE KASK AT CHECK OUT TO GET OUR SPECIAL PRICING
- REGISTER HERE
Do you think learning is fun?
Kaskaskia College will show you that it can be.
The Kids In College at Kaskaskia program is designed for children from pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade and offers a variety of creative, learning-based programs which are taught by fun and enthusiastic certified instructors. The KICK program's broad range of classes allows a child to enjoy a summer of learning. With programs in math, science, art, reading, photography, computer, and sports, the kids can pick their destination. The KICK program is offered through the Main Campus as well as the Education Centers and various locations throughout the District. The program begins in June and runs through August. If you have any questions regarding the program, feel free to call Cydney.
|Main Campus||27210 College Rd Centralia, IL 62801||618-545-3255|
|Crisp Technology Center||2005 East McCord Centralia, IL 62801||618-545-3255|
|Greenville Education Center||209 North 3rd St. Greenville, IL 62246||618-545-3465|
|Nashville Education Center||17869 Exchange Ave. Nashville, IL 62263||618-545-3485|
|Salem Education Center||1475 West Whittaker Salem, IL 62881||618-545-3425|
|Trenton Education Center||520 East Broadway Trenton, IL 62293||618-545-3475|
|Vandalia Campus||2310 West Fillmore Vandalia, IL 62471||618-545-3445|
Be the first to know, join our email list. Email us email@example.com to receive a complete schedule.