Six categories of nutrients:
Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins provide the body energy through calories.
Nutrients provide the following for the body
- Ability to produce energy
- Grow & develop new tissues
- Repair damaged tissues
- Conduct nerve impulses through the body
- Regulate processes within the body
- Help make up the blood, muscle, and brain
8 to 10 glasses of water needed a day
- Water is also taken in the foods we eat
Minerals are inorganic substances that help chemical activity in the body.
Vitamins are needed for chemical processes which release energy.