Title: Supervisor, Middle Office-MRM
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Supervisor – Middle Office serves a key role within the organization’s Market Risk Management function by ensuring compliance to risk policies and verifying the accuracy of all commodity transactions entered in the Energy Trade Risk Management (ETRM) system for counterparty settlement, business line position reporting and financial and regulatory reporting. The Supervisor - Middle Office provides the direction and support necessary for the Risk Data Control group and Contract Administration group in improving methods and efficiencies for trade data capture, generation of contracts and confirmations and provides support to the Market Risk Management group in completing data requests and special projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Supervises and guides the day-to-day work of the Risk Data Control group and Contract Administration group.
- Respond to data requests for support of rate cases and prudence reviews.
- Provides support for those working directly with data queries and data gathering for Risk Management Analysis.
- Coordinate policy compliance and any impact to the deal capture system across functions such as Front Office, Back office, Accounting, Legal, IT, Credit Risk Management, etc.
- Ensure the Front Office and Back Office groups are trained on Risk Management policies annually
- Serves as the Lead in coordinating all internal and external audits ensuring the contract and deal capture systems are effectively operating within internal / external audit compliance.
- Oversees the timeliness and accuracy of all business lines’ multi-commodity contractual support and ensuring proper controls are in place for contract data entry.
- Ensure policy compliance in processing confirmations for all commodities.
- Assists in the coordination of testing and implementation of any projects involving updates or changes to the Energy Trade Risk Management and contract admin systems / interfaces.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of supporting documentation to the 10Q (quarterly) and 10K (annual) filings involving derivative accounting
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Advanced business degree or certification preferred.
Experience: Five or more years of professional-level risk management experience (particularly energy risk management) or relevant substitute from a commodities or financial industry required. Direct report supervisory experience or project management leadership experience strongly preferred
Other: Proficiency with MS Office Suite required. Ability to combine multiple data sets used for further analysis required. Strong communication skills required. Technical and functional expertise in managing ETRM systems and interfaces and monitoring policy compliance required.