Req. # 11673
Title: Nuclear Training Supervisor Mechanical Maintenance- Repost
Location: Fulton, MO
The Supervisor, Nuclear Maintenance implements and fully supports the following fundamental expectations for this position:
- Maintain full accreditation. This position is responsible for ensuring Callaway Plant is continuously in full compliance with the requirements for accreditation under the National Academy for Nuclear Training.
- Maximize student learning. This position is responsible to provide value added training and qualification activities to maintain and improve worker knowledge and skills.
- Fully implement the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) Process. This position is responsible to stay current on industry practices and operating experience to ensure Callaway Plant implements a SAT process that meets or exceeds standard industry practices. The SAT process used at Callaway Plant must be effective, efficient, and institutionalized into plant procedures and processes.
- Provide excellent refuel support. This position is responsible to fully support refuel outage activities by providing Training Department resources to the outage organization, as appropriate.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, model and enforce the desired leadership characteristics.
- Participate in in-plant activities in support of their respective departments in order to maintain required licenses, certifications, and technical proficiency.
- Facilitate implementation of the Systematic Approach to Training within the appropriate discipline area.
- Support subject-matter experts and vendors providing on-site and off-site training .
- Analyze Corrective Action Documents and industry trends, and recommend areas of weakness for Operating Experience applicability into lesson plans.
- Will be required to qualify as a Maintenance First Line Supervisor.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Physical Science preferred.
Experience: Four years power plant or similar industrial experience as a journeyman and/or supervisor in maintenance required with a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences may replace up to two years experience. Nuclear power plant experience required. Previous planning/supervisory experience in mechanical maintenance related field, ASME sect. 9 & 11 experience or AWS/CWI certification preferred. Previous training supervisor experience required. Experience in National Academy for Nuclear Training accredited program preferred.
Other: Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and have the ability to supervise and motivate personnel. Must be dependable and possess good human relations characteristics. Security screening is required for Callaway Plant. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.