AMEREN, Collinsville, IL
Outside Sales Representative
Energy and Utilities
Req. # 11776
Title: Outside Sales Representative
Location: Collinsville, IL
This position may be located in, or
near Collinsville, Marion/Mt. Vernon, Quincy/Macomb, Peoria, Champaign, and Bloomington based on the
Base salary and monthly incentive compensation structure.
The responsibilities are to conduct direct sales activities with current and prospective customers in
competitive retail electricity markets as assigned. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform daily direct sales activities including prospecting, lead qualification, sales
presentations and negotiations
- Screen, analyze and respond to customer inquiries and requests for proposal for competitive
- Gather competitive market intelligence and evaluate competitive threats.
- Conduct basic financial analyses of customers¿ energy economics, projected profit margins and
contribution toward Ameren Energy Marketing¿s business plan.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers; gain knowledge about targeted
- Maintain familiarity with utility tariffs, state and federal regulatory issues pertinent to
development of competitive retail electricity markets.
- Prepare contract offers for long-term power sales by coordinating with internal support staff.
- Stay abreast of state and federal regulatory issues pertinent to Illinois competitive retail
- Perform additional sales-related tasks and special projects as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED (required)
Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation (required)
Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college or university (preferred)
Experience in prospecting and cold-calling targeted customers, as well as maintaining existing sales
relationships with customers (preferred) . Experience in the negotiation of sales agreements and
transactions in a competitive environment (preferred) . Experience in competitive electricity markets or
other relevant energy commodities (preferred).
Must have demonstrated skills in sales presentation via telephone and in-person settings.
Must also have demonstrated deal closure skills, diligence in follow-up, and response to customer
inquiries. Intermediate skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, or equivalent required.
Must have ability to work independently and travel 75% of the time. Must have reliable transportation.