Continental Tire, Mt. Vernon, IL
Are you auto-motivated? Welcome!
With sales of €30.5 billion in 2011, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently
has approximately 169,000 employees in 46 countries.
The Tire division includes the Passenger and Light Truck, the Commercial Vehicle Tire and the Industrial Tire
business units, as well as the Two-Wheel Tire activities. As one of the world’s leading tire manufacturers with
more than 41,000 employees, the division achieved cumulative sales of more than €8.8 billion in 2011.
The Tire division currently has 22 production and development locations worldwide. The broad product range
and continuous investments in R&D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility.
We want you at our facility in Mt. Vernon.
Sequencer (Job ID: 199221)
This position is responsible for the generation of upstream production schedules that ultimately lead to maximum
curing efficiency and minimal green tire loss. In addition to the creation of efficient supply machine schedules,
a primary responsibility is shop floor coordination with production to insure that bottleneck issues are resolved
in a proactive manner. Daily reporting of goals versus results is expected.
· Write and make available machine schedules to shop floor
· Provide build out tracking information to area of responsibility
· Understand Plant Constraints (Build Rates, Machine Rates, etc…) and apply that knowledge to the weekly schedule.
Maintain Planning Database to manage these constraints.
· Minimize the Number of Changeovers
· Monitor and report shiftly performance to plan.
· Communicate Production Schedule and Schedule Changes
· Manage the Work in Process Inventory thru better Scheduling
· Work with the Production to ensure correct requirements are being ordered
· Create, review, and modify work instructions as job related processes are redefined and changed
· Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies.
· Special Projects as assigned by the Production Control Manager
1. Comuter and Microsoft Office Skills
2. Analytical Ability
3. Good Verbal and Non-Verbal Skills
4. Understanding Supply Chain Management
5. Prior Scheduling Experience
6. Ability to use e-mail.
Associates Degree preferred or 5 years experience.
more than 3 years
Academic degree: Yes
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step: Continental, Division Tires, Recruiting,
Employer Branding & Recruiting.