Muscle Atrophy happens when muscles are not used and begin to shrink in size. Muscle Hypertrophy happens when
muscles are forced to work harder than normal, the muscle grows in size.
Phases of exercise:
- Concentric phase - muscle contraction overcomes the resistance
- Eccentric phase - muscles that lifted the weight lower the weight
Guidelines for productive weight training:
- Use correct technique
- Take small steps in increasing resistance as to what you are able to do
- Stay on schedule with your training sessions
- Keep a positive attitude & have FUN!
- Eat healthy
- Get plenty of rest so your body can recover from training sessions
- Stay healthy & make healthy choices