GED® Test Information
Who Is Eligible to Take the GED ® Tests?
- Persons 17 years of age or older
- Maintained residence in the state of Illinois for at least 30 days
- Not a high school graduate
How Do I Register to Take the GED ® Tests?
- Registration is done online at www.gedtestingservice.com. There are several steps involved so follow them carefully.
- Cost is $30 per subject: Reasoning through Language Arts (150 minutes); Mathematical Reasoning (90 minutes); Science (90 minutes); and Social Studies (90 minutes). Payment is done on line so a form of credit card is needed. It is recommended to sign up for one test at a time.
- Email is required for test registration to receive the initial username and password, confirmation of registration time and place, and receipt for the payment.
- Several testing sites will be listed, so choose one that is most convenient to you.
- A valid, non-expired government issued ID card with name, address, date of birth, signature, and photo is required to register. This ID must also be presented when entering the test site as proof of identity.
- Forms to request accommodations on the test will also be available online and will need to be submitted to the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) for approval.
How-to Tutorials (PDF): How to Sign Up
- How to Clear Alerts
- How to Schedule
- How to View Scores
What Happens on the Day of the Test?
- Be on time for scheduled test. Late arrivals may be turned away.
- Kaskaskia College Testing Site: Room L-203, 27210 College Rd., Centralia, IL 62801
- Before testing begins, the test proctor will request to see an ID card, check birth date, review any necessary documentation required for the test-taker, and compare and match signature and photograph.
- Store belongings (purses, wallets, phones, books, coats, etc.) in a designated locker. Locks will be provided.
- ALL belongings will be kept in the locker, except the key to the lock and the ID card.
- Test-takers may be turned away if any of the above items are not in compliance.
- Passing score on each test is 150 points. TOTAL SCORE REQUIRED: 600 (150 X 4 = 600)
- Scores may be checked by logging into MyGED account by going to GED.com. Please allow up to a week for the official results to be posted.
How Do I Get My Certificate or Transcript That Shows I Passed the GED ® Test?
- Certificates of passage are issued by the Regional Office of Education in the county of which the person lives.
- Certificates will not be issued until proof of passing the U.S./IL Constitution is submitted.
- Official transcript cost is $3 and certificate cost is $10.
Listed below is the contact information for each ROE county office in the college district:
||200 East Schwartz Street, Salem, IL 62881
||930B Fairfax Street, Carlyle, IL 62231
||230 East St. Louis Street, Suite A, Nashville, IL 62263
||207 North Second Street, Greenville, IL 62246
||300 South 7th Street, Vandalia, IL 62471
||101 North 4th Street, Room 204, Effingham, IL 62401