Strategic Planning Commitments
The ten commitments underlying Kaskaskia College's Fifteen-Year Strategic Plan have been recognized as key to the future success of Community College District #501, with each playing an essential role. The framework of this plan establishes a comprehensive public agenda that will effectively integrate both objectives and performance indicators for each commitment to enhance communication and accountability in order to achieve exceptional progress and document noteworthy results in meeting the needs and expectations identified by the constituents of the KC District. These ten commitments are considered to be the priorities for Kaskaskia College.
1. Kaskaskia College will support regional economic development.
2. Kaskaskia College will partner with P-20 (preschool through doctoral) educational institutions to enhance teaching and learning.
3. Kaskaskia College is committed to identifying available resources and accommodations so no individual will be denied an opportunity for a college education because of financial need.
4. Kaskaskia College is committed to increasing the number and diversity of students completing training and education programs.
5. Kaskaskia will hold students to high expectations for learning and will be accountable for the continuous quality improvement of academic programs through external and internal assessment of student learning, support services and administrative functions throughout the College.
6. Kaskaskia is committed to improving productivity, cost effectiveness, and accountability while adhering to the institution's core values.
7. Kaskaskia is committed to providing programs and services that are accessible at times and places convenient to the learners.
8. Kaskaskia is committed to providing programs and services that are comprehensive, flexible and responsive to businesses, individuals and various organizations.
9. Kaskaskia College is committed to maintaining effective communications with internal and external audiences.
10. Kaskaskia College is committed to providing an environment based on process leadership, participatory and consensus decision making, and shared governance where faculty and staff are involved in the planning and policy formulation of the College.