Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the University Affiliations of Kaskaskia College?
A: The University Affiliations of Kaskaskia College is a series of partnerships with public and private colleges and universities offering coursework leading to degrees in conjunction with Kaskaskia College.

Q: What University Affiliations Degrees are offered?
A: Bachelor's degree completion (Jr./Sr. level courses, master's degrees, doctoral degrees and professional certificates are currently included in the offerings.

Q: Who will issue the University Affiliations degree?
A: Degrees will be issued from the individual college or university who offers the program, and will be identical to that same degree offered on the institution's main campus.

Q: Can I start my bachelor's degree at Kaskaskia College?
A: The University Affiliations of Kaskaskia College offers bachelor's degree completion programs. Admission requirements will vary from institution to institution, but generally include approximately 60 hours of undergraduate coursework and/or the equivalent of an associate degree.

Completion of lower division coursework is available through Kaskaskia College's Associate degree programs.

Q: Can I apply any life or work experience for credit toward a bachelor's degree?
A: Yes. Some of the institutions allow credit for life experience that can be demonstrated to be college equivalent through a portfolio process.

How do I register for the University Affiliations?
A: Registrations are taken by the individual institutions, either in person, by phone, or via the institution's website.

Q: Who teaches University Affiliations classes?
A: University Affiliations classes are taught by faculty who are on staff at the individual college or university who offers your degree program at their main and satellite campuses.
© 2017 Kaskaskia College - 27210 College Road - Centralia, Illinois 62801 - (618)545-3000 (800)642-0859