Kaskaskia College's Teacher Education program prepares you for transfer as a junior to a four-year college or university where you can earn the bachelor's degree and certification you need to become a teacher.
Education is the field of knowledge that deals with the various aspects of the profession of teaching. Among other things, teaching involves making decisions about what and how to teach, engaging students in learning activities, managing learning environments and assessing student behavior and achievement. Elementary education generally encompasses teaching grades K-9.
Discipline Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify the central philosophical concepts, methods of inquiry, and the political, social, and organizational structures of the discipline of teaching.
- Compare and contrast how individual student develop and differ in their intellectual, personal, social, and cultural approaches to learning.
- Describe instructional planning and design based upon clear understanding of pedagogical knowledge, professional standards, and expected curriculum goals.
- Examine the differences between internal and external motivation of students, recognized the necessary attributes of positive school culture.
Gen Ed Student Learning Outcomes
- Critical Thinking
- Understanding of Diversity