Modes of Instruction
Click here to learn more about the modes of instruction offered at Kaskaskia College.
This program prepares individuals to plan, organize, direct, and control the functions and processes of a firm or organization. Coursework in management theory, human resources management and behavior, accounting and other quantitative methods, purchasing and logistics, organization and production, marketing, and business decision-making are also included.
The Business Marketing degree helps students attain the skills and knowledge required to be successful in supervisory and management positions in the marketing field or to enhance the skills of individuals already working in the marketing field. The curriculum includes courses in retail management and merchandising, advertising, personal selling, supervision, and human resources.
What You Can Do
Representative job titles include:
- Counter and Retail Clerks
- Advertising Sales
- Insurance Sales
- Sales Representative
- First-line supervisor
- Advertising or Promotions Manager
- Sales, Public Relations, or Marketing Manager
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Student demonstrates the qualities consistent with entry level employment in the business marketing industry.
- Successfully apply critical thinking skills to solve business problems.
- Demonstrates considerations in legal, ethical, and social responsibilities.
- Student demonstrates the technical proficiency of all skills necessary to fulfill the role of an entry level business marketing employee.