Req. # 11994
Title: Financial Specialist
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Financial Specialist is responsible for summarizing, validating and reporting on Ameren’s wholesale power revenues and expenses. As part of that scope, this position will focus on Ameren’s Midwest Independent System Operator activities. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare external regulatory filings with the SEC, FERC and State Public Service Commissions.
- Prepare, review, analyze and interpret complex accounting, financial and statistical data.
- Assist other departments with issues relating to report inquiries or the consolidation process.
- Oversee production of automated internal financial/operational reports.
- Proactively and independently research, report, and propose Company policy on financial and reporting matters, including monitoring the activities of financial and regulatory reporting and accounting standard setting agencies.
- Control costs, increase productivity and at all times, safeguard the Company's assets.
- Perform other special financial projects as necessary.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required. CPA also required. Master's Degree preferred.
Two or more years of accounting experience required with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards, methods, procedures, classification of accounts and regulatory reporting requirements required.
Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to identify, analyze and research financial issues. Strong oral communication and writing skills are also required. Must be able to exercise judgment and work independently. Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Must also have good leadership and human relations skills.
* Salary dependent upon individual credentials and position market pay level.